1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DT at the U shot and killed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Nov 7, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

wow.

I'll refrain....

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Brian Blades.... you heaving moron.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Shalala: "If I find out that a University of Miami student was responsible for this alleged assault, I will add off-field assaults to the list of things I will get angry about, next time."

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Given that the University of Miami is located in one of the most violent cities in America that'd be a pretty good guess. But it has more to do with where Miami is than who plays for the school.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sorry for mix up. As I recall now it was Brian but it was Benny's gun. Brian took it away from Benny who was going to shoot his girl friend. Somehow Uncle Blades got shot.

7. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Yet somehow the kids at UCLA, USC, Fordham and Northwestern survive the rough streets of campus in Big City U. Amazing.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Westwood and Evanston aren't exactly violent crime hotspots. And Miami has more homegrown kids than SC or Fordham.

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

From personal experience I can say Pata was one of the good kids and he had a real good, stern mom for a role model. Earlier this year many of the players basically felt like they had to own guns if they were going to live off campus because they were targets for robberies, etc.

A few of the upperclassmen decided to move back in the athletic dorms instead of owning a gun because of safety issues.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

BYH ... BYM ... just to take this one step further, neither of you have a good grasp on how little Election Day is going to impact the lives of your typical American.

Anyway, politics is one thing. Life and death is quite another. Bravo, D-3.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

With the monet Miami pays it's football players, they should move to better neighborhoods. Keepin it real can cost your life.

12. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Kendall is a pretty decent area. It's impossible to escape random acts of violence in Miami. But Kendall is a decent area for people to survive even potential targets. Hell O.J. lives there.

Draft saved Draft deleted