1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dry pens

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Smallpotatoes, May 6, 2007.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

This, by the way, is the only pen I'll use. Until I lose one and have to go the Bics in my desk.

[​IMG]

2. KP

KP Active Member

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I milk the pens I get from the Wynfrey Hotel at SEC media days and my various stays at Hampton Inns throughout the South for as many pens as possible. I've still probably got a dozen Hampton Inn Bics in my laptop bag.

When I buy pens, I always go with the Pilot G2 Gel Ink -- it zooms across the page when I'm scribbling quotes during a post-game interview.

And I love the fact that we have a thread on this. There aren't many jobs where this would be a big deal.

4. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Gotta be Global Warming doing this to all these pens.

5. KG

KG Active Member

Well if you hear of a pen that glides that well yet won't smear when a southpaw uses it, please let me know.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I made a major shift in my life moving from pens to mechanical pencils about a month ago. I have to tell you, I feel like a kid again. Another year or so, I wouldn't be surprised to see a crayon gracing the metal loops of my reporter's notebook.

7. Walter Burns

Walter Burns Member

My days babysitting crime scenes in the freezing cold have always taught me to keep a pencil handy, particularly if I'm outside.
    I also find myself using pencil to keep score (I screw up a lot, I guess).
    But when I use pens, I stick to the Bics. I keep a bunch of 'em in the ashtray in my car...keeps 'em warm, too.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

[​IMG]

Signo Uni-balls. Won't smear for southpaws. :D

9. KG

KG Active Member

Thanks I'll try them.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I concur with that. I've had them smear a little on my pinky finger but that's about it.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Here's a lifetime supply. At about the cost of a small used car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blackwing-602-SIX-DOZEN-Pencils-Original-Vintage-CASE_W0QQitemZ300107581293QQihZ020QQcategoryZ1526QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Draft saved Draft deleted