1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drunk Jerry Jones rips Parcells, Tebow

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Story or not?

WFAA sports anchor says it is not, even after his station did a story on it.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Video-Jerry-Jones--90793804.html

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not sure he "rips" Tebow. Just says he wouldn't see the field for Dallas. Pretty sure a lot of team owners could say that. I don't consider that a "rip."

But yes, I think it's a story. A small one.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Rips" fit the space better than "said Tebow would never see the field" and he "hired Parcells just to placate critics who thought Jones only hired 'yes men' as coaches and to get the new stadium built."

;D

4. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

That. Was. Awesome.

5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

This was clearly taken from a cameraphone of a TMZ reporter from under the table. I think it's a non-issue. The guy's got an opinion. Did anybody really think Jerry Jones wasn't a scumbag?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's not the only person to think Tebow can't play in the NFL and he's not the only person to think Parcells is a douche.

I hate Jerry Jones, but the only thing he should be hearing from the NFL is to be careful about what you say when you might be recorded.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Or hammered.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

As long as this outburst doesn't lead to the Barry Switzer Era II, this won't be the worst of Jerry's drunken rampages.

9. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

I wonder if Urban Meyer has the guts to ban Jerry Jones from Florida football practices.

10. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

I know he's contrarian often for the sake of being contrary, but Colin Cowherd's disagreement with Vince Doria over the newsworthiness of the video was interesting this morning. (Cowherd: No. Doria: Yes). I thought the video was fine if you were pimping it online, but not worthy of Sportscenter. However, that's a tough line to draw on a media map.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Whitlock wrote about it today. Shocker.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

There needs to be a rule - we don't talk about Shitlock or about anything he "writes."

Draft saved Draft deleted