1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

drunk driving and the legal limit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Aug 23, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It doesn't pass the smell test, for one.

And I've personally known people who have gotten morning-after DUI's.
    I was with them the night before, and know for a fact that they didn't drink the 25 beers or whatever it would take on one of those charts to still blow a .10 at 10 a.m. the next morning.

Perhaps the problem is with the police breathalyzers -- I once saw one register over .10 on a 15-year-old girl in the middle of the school day during driver's ed -- all I'm saying is relying on those charts is a sure ticket to a huge fine and a weekend in jail.

One beer. After that, you'd best be calling a cab.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

come on zeke, everyone else is doing it.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

If you think the majority of DWI's and DUI's are committed by longtime alcoholics blowing way over .10 and you think the average person out drinking on the weekend would use a personal breathalyzer then i believe that's just being extremely naive.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I don't think he's saying the average DUI is committed by serious drunks, he's saying that most serious alcohol-related accidents are caused by people significantly over the limit.

And I think a lot of people would use personal breathalyzers. I'd be interested to have one just to learn what .08 feels like. To leave a bar feeling like I'm OK and blow in the thing and see I'm actually at .10 would be pretty enlightening and change my habits, I think.

Draft saved Draft deleted