1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drum Roll Please *** the 2008 Moddy Holiday Mix

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

To those who requested this week - they will go in the mail Tuesday. Got a bunch of them packed up last night but I'm on the road today-tomorrow.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

THANK YOU.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Got mine today, Modster. Haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I know it will be outstanding. Thanks!

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I got mine on Friday. As always, a great mix. Listened to it twice while driving down and back to a high school basketball game yesterday.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Got mine Saturday, Moddy. Thanks!
    (and great pull on the Studio 60 performance!)

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't think this is on your list, but it's a classic.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Moddy -- you're awesome, and not just because you took one of my suggestions for the CD. Mine came while I was away and I am listening to it now.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Second batch went out today. All those who requested as of this a.m. should have it by the end of the week. If not, please let me know.
    If you request after this point, I will get you one but I can't promise it any time soon. Next few weeks for me are nuts but I will try my best.

As for the first batch *** the woman at the post office this a.m. is weighing and stamping and this set costs more, even though it is the exact same weight/size. Not a lot but a difference. I asked why and she told me they were classified as something other than what I was told before. I explained that they went out cheaper before and got there just fine. "Probably postage due," she said.
    Just great. If any of you had to pony up some postage, my apologies. Let me know and I will get it back to you. Even though it isn't a lot of postage, I feel bad. This is my gift to my SJ friends. They shouldn't have to pay the freight.
    If this woman is full of crap, let me know that, too.

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

She's full of crap. Mine didn't come postage due.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mine didn't either.

I can send you back the envelope if you need it to go shove down her throat.

11. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

No postage due here, either.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

No postage due here.

Did you send them as media mail the first time? I'd think you'd be allowed, since there was no advertising or anything in them. Media mail is much cheaper than regular mail.

I moved my entire library across the country with media mail and only spent about $125.

Draft saved Draft deleted