1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drum Roll Please *** the 2008 Moddy Holiday Mix

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

is ready.

You know the drill. Hit me with a PM if you want one. Webby, I promise to clean out my PM inbox when this is done. You don't need to give your real name. I've sent many to screen names. But I do need a real address. They will go out sometime this month.

The Queen has given her thumbs up on this one and I appreciate all the suggestions from here. I did make an alternate X version with two songs that really aren't bad at all but probably shouldn't be played in front of children or the ultra sensitive. I'm OK with them. The Queen is not. Judge from there.

If you want X, specify. Otherwise, you get normal. I'd love to offer everyone one of each but time/production/etc. make that difficult. If you have any doubt, go with normal. It ain't like the X songs are Snoop Dogg's Night Before Christmas.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Can you post the track list, please?

3. Moderator1

I somehow managed to get a bunch of these burned in the past couple of evenings and will be sending out some soon, so you can start listening right after Thanksgiving (during the Holiday season, you know?)
    Thanks again for all the suggestions. I will post the track list later.

4. Moderator1

First batch is in the mail. Hopefully they will arrive shortly so you can listen to them during what I consider the holiday season - Black Friday through the first workday after New Year's Day.
    Please give a quick test when they arrive and make sure all 22 tracks (23 on the X) are intact. I did them with a new computer and a new program. All the one's I tested were fine.
    Enjoy! Burning some for my current colleagues, my former colleagues and my extended family (beyond my SJ family) now.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Kind of a threadjack, I guess...
    but it's not Christmas yet until I put "Fairytale of New York" (The Pogues) on. I'm guessing that's one of the X songs?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Any of them from A Colt .45 Christmas?

http://www.amazon.com/Colt-45-Christmas-Afroman/dp/B000I5YCJC

7. jps

jps Active Member

moddy, got it the mail today. ho, ho, ho right back atcha. thanks a lot and God bless.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Got in the mail today too... was pleased to hear a country song as No. 1.

Thanks, Senor Moddy.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Got mine and have already listened to it the whole way through. Thanks Modman!

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Thanks so much Moddy.

But, Just like my stance on refusing to buy Christmas gifts before Thanksgiving, I feel compelled to not listen to the Moddy Mix till after Turkey Day.

Then ... I will wear it out. :)

[that's what she said.]

11. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Mine arrived today, too, but I'm saving it to play on Turkey Day for my mother, the Christmas music nut.

Thanks, Moddy. I'm sure I'll love it!

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'll get my copy soon, Moddy.

I dunno what can top last year's, but why do I get the feeling you will?

Thanks again.

Draft saved Draft deleted