1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drum roll please: Denver 2011

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 6, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

If we go any further out than '11, there might not be any sports journalists left to attend.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Solid, yet true.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Fenway would have to be at least 2013. Need a West Coast place first.

And the hangup with Boston has always been availability of tickets. If you get 20 people who want to go, can you get that many tickets together?

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I had that in the back of my mind, but when you really think about it, Boston would likely be a poor choice because of that very reason. I have trouble getting tickets for my father and I, nonetheless twenty-something SportsJournalists.com members.

I'd be game going to one of the west coast places, though. I've always wanted to visit Dodger Stadium and, for 2011, I've always wanted to see Coors.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Boston would be great for everything else (activities, beer) but terrible for tickets. It's a downer.

6. ArnoldBabar

Next West Coast has got to be San Diego. It has all the elements -- great ballpark, lovely (potential, if they choose) hosts, weather, beaches, and a phenomenal downtown for drinkin'.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

It could be done and I wouldn't mind keeping it in on the back burner for 2013. Unfortunately, it'd just mean that those interested in going would have to look at paying a bit extra for tickets because a secondary ticket dealer would almost have to be used (i.e. StubHub).

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Maybe the occasional swarm of bees? ;D

9. ArnoldBabar

Who doesn't like bees?

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

This man may like a word with you.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Buck