1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drum roll please: Cleveland 2010 - LAST CALL FOR TICKETS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

By the power vested in me by Webby, I've picked the locale and host for the official 2010 SportsJournalists.com outing.

We will visit Cleveland.
    Our host will be IJAG. She will not be the first host to NOT live in the chosen city. In fact, we've only had one host who has lived in the city. She has some friends there to help and I have full confidence this will be an excellent outing.

Her first chore will be to pick the dates as soon as possible after the 2010 baseball schedule is released. That's the only rule of the outing. Baseball must be in town. She picks a week that works best for her - preferably June or July but it is completely her call. No weekend will work for everyone, that just isn't possible. So she picks the best for her and the rest of us deal with it.

I'm looking forward to it already.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Re: Drum roll please: Cleveland 2010

Ahhhhh. God's Country. Looking forward to it.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

CLEVELAND ROCKS!

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Those of you who are most likely interested in going and WANT to let me know if there's a time period that works best for you, please do. If most people who want to go are preps people and so they can't go in early June, then if all things are equal for my schedule, I'd try to avoid that. If most people are colleges folks and they can't go in late July because of media days sneaking up, I'd try to avoid that if it works in my schedule.

Otherwise, I'm just going to sit and wait for another 6-7 months until I can pick a weekend. :D

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

June or July are perfect.

Great time to witness the local media bellyaching about LeBron's possible departure.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Can we get Shaq to twitter about it?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Sonner doesn't eat the bread on his sammiches. What a bitch. LOL."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

The week of July 19 or the week of July 26 would work for me (Family reunion in Columbus on the 24th....Starting it with or being able to escape family with the SportsJournalists.com gang would be a kick -- and a relief).

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

So what percentage of the people who are most vociferous about "this weekend, please" actually show up for these things?

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I only remember DC as having lots of people bitch out. The others, I think most have been pretty straight-up about "I'm going to try to make it, but no guarantees."

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I have an old college friend who lives in Cleveland.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I just need to know as early as possible so I can get my vacation request in before everybody's already gotten that week off.

I freaking LOVE Cleveland :D

Draft saved Draft deleted