1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drug testing in the NBA and NHL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ashy Larry, May 14, 2009.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

does anyone know their testing policies for PED's? I'm assuming they're great since I can't remember any player from either league getting caught using PED's.....do we really think NBA and NHL players are clean?

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yes, those guys really care about the children and the record books.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Here's the NHL's policy, that was incorporated in the last CBA.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/drug_testing072205.html

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Columbus Dispatch had a very good story last month saying the NHL's drug policy goes dark when the playoffs start, so anyone and everyone could be taking every banned stimulant on the list.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/04/19/NHLtesting.ART_ART_04-19-09_A1_FBDJCOU.html?sid=101

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Sean Hill is the only NHLer I can think of who's been suspended. Jose Theodore was caught taking Propecia for pre-Olympic testing but wasn't suspended because it wasn't an NHL test.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

So that's how Chelios does it.

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

what about the NBA? There's an investigative story waiting to be told.....I just find it odd that no one talks about HGH or any other PED in the winter sports.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

They really don't talk about it too much in the NFL either, relatively speaking.

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

True.....but players do get suspended, for whatever reason the public doesn't seem to care when an NFL player gets suspended for PED's, it's baseball players that are ruining sports.

10. EE94

EE94 Guest

Unless testing is done out of season, its pretty much useless

Only the idiots get caught when its strictly in-season testing

Draft saved Draft deleted