1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drug Dealer Runs Over Two Kids, So City Pays Up

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Apr 19, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Here is your problem. For starters, the city began the pursuit. In a congested urban area, especially NE Washington, that's a dangerous action. There really wasn't any reason for Police to begin the pursuit. True, they called it off, but that's after the suspect was still running away.
    I'm sure the parents of the kids killed would much rather have their children than the money.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure they'd also rather have their streets rid of all the drug dealers so something like that doesn't happen again rather than get a one time payout.

3. boots

boots New Member

That's not the issue. The issue is whether the city fucked up. It did. Is it the city's fault that the drug dealers are working an open market, yes but that's another story.

4. Flying Headbutt

Holding the city accountable for what a criminal does, and for a criminal acting like a criminal, is beyond absurd to me. However since city lawmakers have exactly zero spine and prefer to just grandstand and get on camera, I'd be lying if I said I was surprised this happened. But it's just stupid.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If a cowboy cop initiated an unlawful pursuit and it resulted in the deaths of these people, then, yes, the city is culpable. And yes, they should pay.

That's not dismissing the actions of the drug dealer.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To say this is all about city officials grandstanding is too simplistic. There are policies like this one all over regarding the pursuit of subjects. Sometimes it just isn't worth the risk to innocent bystanders. And if those policies are violated and people die because if it, the city is definitely accountable and should be.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So the money should just come from the black people who go to the black churches? Is that what you are getting at?

8. Flying Headbutt

OOP, in this instance there isn't any grandstanding. But that's the main qualification needed to be elected to that board.

The fact that cops can't pursue drug dealers and the like in the first place is what I find absurd. Just let them go.

9. boots

boots New Member

Many African Americans will tell you that they are not the ones bringing drugs into the country. That's the problem. Drugs, like it or not, is part of the culture.
    Now, to get back to the topic at hand. DC has a no pursuit policy. The officer violated it. As a result, two kids are dead. Seems pretty open and shut to me.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No t even close. But thanks for playing. A home version of our game is available.[​IMG] I adivse you to get one.

11. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Of course I'm sure Captain Dittohead forgot to inform his disciples of the no-pursuit policy.

12. Mind's clogged with oxy residue and the memories of his last sex-trip to the Dominican.

Draft saved Draft deleted