1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drug-Addled Gasbag Steps In It

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

"Soft bigotry of low expectations" -- just read that in the current Vanity Fair, a quote from Melinda Henneberger of the Times, referring to Bush. A piece about the media and Gore in 2000.

Nice steal.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You just hit an all-time low, even for you. My friend (who was not on "dope") suffered from both the pain and the prescription drug addiction and trying to kick it, and had a few horrible years. He's doing very well, thanks to the love and support of his family and friends. If you had been someone who knew him, I guess you would have thrown him an anchor instead of a life preserver. You're a world-class ass for making light of that.
    Go to hell.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I wonder if tony was planning to plagiarize the whole thing for us.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Here's how predictable they are: if anyone on the other side of the political aisle from them says white, they say black. It's that simple. No intelligent debate. No insight. Just: "you don't agree with me ... you're wrong ... you're dumb ... I'm the smartest person in the room."

Not hard to figure out.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

hondo,

I think fenian was just making a crack about rush via your friend.

I do notice that most conservatives are extremely supportive of people struggling with their human foibles and failings -- at least people who look and act like them, anyway.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hondo is the type of person who will spend all day attacking everything about a person, up to and including their lineage, then if that person replies with a crack about his wife or mother, hondo will say, "My (wife or mother) is dead, asshole."

Sorry, hondo. After almost five years of baseless, ad hominem attacks levied at countless posters, and your method for dealing with stray kittens, you don't EVER get to take the high road. Take your sanctimony and cram it.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Stupid question, but how is an addiction to painkillers any different than an addiction to crack?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sounds like Rush is suffering a recurrence of his anal cysts.

:eek: :eek:

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

many people addicted to painkillers get hooked because they had been prescribed painkillers for a legitamite reason. Opiates are extremely addictive.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes, but didn't Rush obtain his illegally?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You'd think with Rush's vast knowledge, willpower and superhuman abilities, he'd be able to keep those opiates at bay.

I mean look at Jack Bauer -- he kicked heroin cold turkey in a few hours in Season 3.

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I don't know...that wasn't the question.

But if he has a prescription, got hooked he'd have no choice but to get them illegaly once his pills ran out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.