1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drug-Addled Gasbag Steps In It

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

"Phony soldiers"?

Wow.

Just wow.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You just know he's going to say he was taken out of context.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Rush should do his show live from Baghdad for a few months. Then if he wants to call out the phonies, more power to him.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

As long as you people have the knives out waiting, I'll chime in. After all, I don't have an agate page due like some of you:

Let's take a side issue first. "Drug-addled gasbag." You folks like this line. Try and remember the truth: He was addicted to pain medication such as oxycotin. He wasn't cracking down in an alley or snorting coke in a disco bathroom. There's a huge, huge difference. I had a friend in a similar situation, and it's very easy to get addicted to that. By the way, when you folks post on an NFL thread, do you reference Brett Favre as "drug-addled?"

The gasbag stuff is par for the course for you people. It's another code word for someone who won't agree with you. I think Al Franken is a gasbag.

The issue at hand: Rush shouldn't have said the phony soliders line. Anyone who goes over there, or in any war, deserves respect even if that person changes their mind about the war or the issues around it. He was wrong.

You folks happy now? It would be nice if you could deal with an issue with insults such as "drug-addled" and "gasbag" which have nothign to do with anything. However, I understand how tough it can get at recess.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I think Al Franken is a gasbag too.
    But Brett Favre never went on his national radio show and proclaimed "People who use drugs illegally should be thrown in the slammer" -- which is just what Rush did when he obtained the prescription drug with false prescriptions.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Resorting to ad hominem attacks while decrying ad hominem attacks.

Hypocrisy (and stupidity), thy name is hondo.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Wow, if nothing else, Hondo's stupidity is predictable.

Slow day on the Muslim bashing front I guess.

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Ask and ye shall receive.

"agate page" and "recess"? Wicked burn!!!

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That train's never late...

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Rush and Franken are gasbags.

That should cover this useless thread, brought to you in part by "I hate Conservatives so fucking much, I'm going to drive myself insane by posting a new topic everyday, until I get my fucking message across."

Disclaimer: what else in new in our boy's Fen's world. ::)

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'd respond, but the Hungry Horse News needs its agate page.

12. Friend? C'mon Hondo admit it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.