1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drug-Addled Gasbag Steps In It

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Hondo, having grown up in a chemically dependent household, I'll say with all due respect to you and your friend that he was indeed robbing his wife and children. And what that addiciton was stealing from them was a lot more precious than home electronics or cash.

I'm glad he's righted himself, but make no mistake, the consequences of an upright suburban addiciton to prescription drugs is every bit as devastating as a jones for street dope.

2. Actually, starting a post "to hell with Rush" gives you rather no purpose on this thread, doesn't it?

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Some others and myself were actually having a nice, civil debate on around page 3 or 4 of this thread on the issue of prescription drugs vs. illegal street drugs before you and Fenian came along to drag everything into your private little sewer, full of insults and innuendo about people you don't know. So I repeat, both of you can crawl back into the slime and leave the civilized debate for those who can have a discussion beyond your typical third-grade level.

4. Part of the civil little discussion, back on page three.
    It's too damn easy.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Here's your first post on the so-called "civilized debate".

Full of ad hominem attacks (pointed out by others).

The introduction of your addicted friend as some sort of medical "proof" was and is irrelevant to the conversation.

You want to make a qualitative difference between an addiction to painkillers or an addiction to coke, go ahead. It's still irrelevant.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

If Rush was a black kid who was driving a stolen car through CVS windows to steal Oxycotin both JR and FB would blame it on slavery in 1860.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Wow.

Those are hypotheticals even Hondo would be proud of.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Those attacks of what someone would do if something happens are really effective. Why don't you save your indignation for something they actually said?

9. Neither one of them can.
    And, meanwhile, back on the actual topic, has Rush taken up John Soltz's challenge yet? Or is he a few milligrams short on courage, like always?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.