1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drudge leaving radio

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Hey, he admits that 60 percent of the stuff he pukes up is true. And who can forget his book with the three-word pages?
    The day Pumpkinhead had him on MTP was the beginning of the fucking end. Also, when that fool Mark Halperin, then at ABC, said, "Matt Drudge rules our world."
    Goddamn liberal media.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

60%?

Wow.

10% better than a tossed coin.

Permit me to genuflect in the general direction of FudgeBoy.

3. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

And he's laughing his way to the bank while you clowns drink yourselves to death. Heck, I'd be surprised if any of you sauce-hounds got near 50% right in anything you attempt. :)

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

As is the case for most of the people who are criticized on this board, the critics' malady can be diagnosed in two words:

Penis. Envy.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Have many, many friends who use DR as a home page -- primarily because they love the particilar links he supplies.

But trust me . . . given who we're talking about, I harbor no thoughts of envy, whatsoever,
    re MD's junk, given where that junk might have been . . .
    And, Jimmy, some of us who work for general-circ news outlets would be out of work within a week if we screwed up two of five presented facts. Running his own act, MD is "free" of such restraints/niceties. Since you have no clue re many of us you're addressing, here . . . for the time being, we'd recommend a giant glass of . . .

6. Yes, I certainly spend my days green with envy of a freak-show closet case who just lost his micro-rated radio program and who's done more damage to my craft than almost anyone else.
    Sorry, I am jealous only of Sarsgaard, that weasel.

[​IMG]

7. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I'm not a fan of Drudge, but I go to his site several times a day. Is there anybody doing anything similar in not such a biased way?
    By the way, here's a pretty good profile of the guy...http://nymag.com/news/media/36617/
    Rumor is, this is what forced him off the radio, that he didn't like putting himself out in the public so much.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . repressed, self-loathing sorts tend to want to stay out of the public eye . . .

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Defending someone on a journalism board who screws up nearly half of his "facts." What's next, the impassioned defense of Mike Barnicle and Jayson Blair?

Priceless.

BTW, Jimmie, you probably drink more in one month than I do in six.

10. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Oh, I know that is absolutely impossible bird. Never touch the stuff. Ever.
    Hilarious that so many take offense at a guy with a website. You don't like it, don't read it. All I see there for the most part is a list of links to stories written by people like you.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

He didn't invent the aggregation site, I suppose, but he certainly started the most influential.

It's my first stop, each and evry time I hit the net.

Draft saved Draft deleted