1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drudge ethics question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR --
    Hey, brother.
    The guy's doing infantry recon in a place that's been dangerous since Alexander The Great. It's a lot of things, but it's not just to make him look macho.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Yeah, that line was quite Yawn-like, huh, F_B?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

jr jr the monarch judge
    It must be wrong if it's on Drudge

Poor Prince Harry, his location is out
    The world's in a tizzy, but jr is in doubt.

Not a story? The guy is in danger
    With WALES on his helmet, he's hardly a stranger.

The taliban says he's their #1 man
    A bullet magnet, could go home in a can

Announcing his location seems pretty mean
    Wake up, jr, and God save the Queen.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Nice reference to his nickname Boom.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I read the Times of London coverage again and I still say there's something fishy.

Oh, I have no doubt he's done an admirable job and all but it all sounds a little too perfect.

But then, I'm not the biggest fan of those layabouts over there so I may be prejudiced.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The oxymoron in this thread title fork-bombed my computer. :eek:

Thanks, MV. :mad: :D

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

While I may have my own prejudices about it JR, I'm actually proud that Harry would get out there and involve himself in this.

It is real, and as his nickname within the Household Cavalry would indicate ('Bullet magnet') would indicate, he would be a huge target for the forced they are fighting in whatever country.

Prince Andrew was the last member of the royal family to serve in combat when he was a member of the Royal Navy in the Falklands war as a helicopter co-pilot. When they enlist in wartime, they do actively serve, rather than sit behind a desk.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Drudge rarely "breaks" stories that some entity doesn't want broken. He nailed John Kerry and his mistress four years ago. Oh, that's right he was wrong about that.
    And I thought Harry was a tank commander?

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

jr is just embarrassed because Canada wants to cut and run.

10. And that would be another pile of crap.
    They stayed in Afghanistan even after a couple of our doped-up pilots killed their soldiers.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Hmmmm...Matty put down the cabana boy long enough to fix the site to eliminate all references to the story being a WORLD EXCLUSIVE. But others sites still have it as such, so his work is done. They perpetuate the fraud for him.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

If he's the first one who broke it, that's disgraceful. I wish there were a journalists Bar - like for lawyers that could censure this type of behavior, though on second thought, even if there were, they probably wouldn't.

I thought that this would be about the fact that hours after his death, there was no mention of WFB yesterday, I wondered why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.