1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drudge ethics question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That's just absurd, and you know it.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hammier,
    I'm being obsteperous as usual, I guess but what's the story?

The fact that Harry's over there? Not really. CBC was sniffing around that last December. And it's what British Princes do. Makes them look all manly and everything.

The news blackout? Nope. There are all sorts of things that the Brits do that would get them in deep doo doo in the U.S. --and even in Canada. They don't have a carved in stone view of freedom of the press.

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

It's now the lead story on Yahoo.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I thought that he had already been called back... a couple years ago ... from engaging in this folly.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

And this isn't about that.
    This is about Drudge deciding who needs to know what.
    But, hey, spin all you want as usual once your superiority and arrogance are pointed out.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

That was Iraq last year, and because it became such a press story, the gov't knew now his unit would be in awful danger as Harry would be a huge target to be kidnapped.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think that was his brother.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Last year, in fact. He got pulled from a mission to Iraq because the armed services thought it a security risk. He almost left the service as a result. Now it's almost certain the same thing will happen, and he'll get shipped out ASAP.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080228/tuk-uk-britain-harry-iraq-fa6b408.html

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Drudge didn't break the story. It was already out there.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

William did receive his commision, but was never going to be in active duty as second in line to the throne.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6239599.stm

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

According to the AFP story, Drudge initally credited Der Bild and New Idea, but then claimed it as his own.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080228/en_afp/britainroyalsafghanistanmilitary_080228184102

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Drudge? Lie?
    Bet he gave the other 2 credit until the story was confirmed to cover his ass (which has been bent over most his adult life anyway), then decided to fuck them over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.