1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drove my Chevy to the levee but the birthday cake was dry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by murphyc, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just googled up "Chevy Van" -- there were a few clips of Sammy Johns but he's boring-looking and the singing Chevy looked a lot more fun.

2. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Want...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I had a 1982 Camaro Z-28. Fully-loaded. Totally tricked out with all kinds of extras on the outside. Holy shit, that car was hot.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Did it get you laid?

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Chevy put out a lot of great looking vehicles pre-1980. Then like all NA car companies they went through two decades of absolute dreck with a few exceptions. Tough to choose my favourite. A buddy of mine rebuilt a '53 chev pickup with the five windows when we were in high school that was pretty deadly.
    Like this except green and pretty much returned to original.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I'd take any Corvette except for a C3 (1968-82). Just never cared for them, especially by the end when they became fat cruisers (though I would take a 1978 Pace Car). I was a kid when the C4 (1984-96) came out and would still love to have an early C4. My father-in-law has an '84 Z51 that I will hopefully inherit someday.
    I love the looks of the third gen Camaros (1982-92), especially the early Z28s and IROCs. I also liked the early fourth gen looks. Not wild about the current ones, plus they are too heavy.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Is America ready for the return of...

the Dart?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20111206/us-chrysler-small-car/

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Gonna get me a Dart Swinger!

9. murphyc

Just when you think GM learned its lesson about quality, along comes this gem.
    http://www.autoweek.com/article/20111230/CARNEWS/111239995

Seriously, Chevy? You forgot to install brake pads and dealerships didn't notice the missing parts? My favorite line:
    No sh!t, Sherlock!

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

My favorite is the '51 Chevy pick up truck.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Is that something you'd notice pretty soon after driving off the lot? I'm asking honestly, having never driven a car without brake pads. At least not knowingly.

Imagine buying your kid his/her first car and finding out GM forgot the brake pads. I'd go apeshit at the dealership.

12. murphyc

I'm thinking there would be a loud metal-on-metal sound, as well as a lack of stopping ability. I'm hoping for GM's sake these cars have been sitting on lots unsold and are not sitting in garages.

Draft saved Draft deleted