1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dropkick Murphys at Mulcahy's in Wantagh on August 2. Who's coming with me?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jun 10, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The Murphys are an incredible band. Although I was late to a Warped Tour set of theirs in 2003, I was able to talk with the guys for a bit at an autograph stand, and they all seem pretty cool. They were supposed to play around my home town last year, but there was major flooding in the upstate New York area, canceling the show.

There are a list of bands I need to see before I die -- or they quit playing -- and the Murphys are one of the few left. And New York is only about 180 miles up I-95. ...

2. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Now that's funny.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That was funny, but to be fair, I don't think the guys in the band would argue with you on the point.

Dropkick isn't about breaking any kind of new artistic ground, just playing awesome music to party to. Half their show setlist is covers and standards.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

They'll be in buffao for the square!

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

It hurt me deep down inside not to be able to post on this thread when I was trying to kick my SJ habit.

That said, within a week's span I'll be taking in a Social Distortion show, the Rage festival thing and a Dropkick show. I will be deaf but happy.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey reach for the sky because tomorrow may never come.

That is a very cool lineup of concerts you have planned. Please break your vow again and give a full report.

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I just might have to do that. I might see The Beastie Boys within that week as well. Should be one hell of a good time, especially since I haven't been to a concert in four years.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

This show intrigues me. August 2nd, being a Thursday, doesn't help much.

I think I saw Dropkick Murphys about 10-years ago at the Black Cat in DC. Although, it could have been Murphy's Law (memory is a bit hazy) with the headlining act Pennywise.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Ha, I had the same problem! I haven't read anything in a week or so, come back and find a thread about my favorite band.

I friggen love the Murphys. They've come through Kansas City here right before St. Pats day each of the last two years, and I've been twice. Loved every second of it. I hope against hope that they keep stopping here, but maybe if they don't it'd finally be enough to get me to go to Boston on St. Pats day. Seeing them in Boston is way high on my lifelong list of things to do.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Pennywise is a very good live act. I saw them and Rancid back-to-back four years ago. Good stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted