1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dropkick Murphys at Mulcahy's in Wantagh on August 2. Who's coming with me?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jun 10, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The Dropkick Murphys might be my favorite band ever. And they're coming to New York. On August 2, the Irish punk band from Boston will tear the roof off of famed Long Island bar-and-grill Mulcahy's in Wantagh.

If any SJers are interested in coming along, PM me and we'll set something up.

EDIT: Props to IJAG for pointing out my typo. I'm an idiot.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Re: Dropkick Murphys at Mulchay's in Wantagh on August 2. Who's coming with me?

I believe one of the band's songs was in The Departed. The one that played -- really, really loud -- while Leo was in prison.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I could be wrong but I think one of their songs is popular at Fenway Park.

Sweet Caroline, or something like that.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yup. Shipping Up To Boston. They played it when Leo went to prision and when Nicholson, his right hand man and Leo were heading to the warehouse.

It's a two minute hard rock song that is just balls-to-the-wall.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Would love to see that band; too bad I live a million miles away.

6. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

didn't they do a song called "tessie". i seem to remember hearing it in the video game a few years back..

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yup, the Red Sox song is Tessie. They recorded a version following the 2004 season with the WEEI call of the final out of the World Series.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

hb --

I love me some Dropkick. I will be there in spirit.

Have one for me when they play The Dirty Glass.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Although I'm sure they'd be awesome live, I liked the Dropkick Murphys better when they were known as the Pogues.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Even though they are from Boston I too am a fan of the Drop Kick Murphy's. At that gig in Wantaugh I heard that Neil Diamond will be joining them to sing Sweet Caroline.

Also heard that they are working on song about the New York Mets- somwhat of a rewrite of "Met The Mets" that will be played at new ball park.

11. leo1

leo1 Active Member

huh? i've never been to prison.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I love me the DKs. HB, when the time gets closer, I may think about crashing the show, as part of a day-in-NYC deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted