1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drop everything and watch: Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 10, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Until it deteriorates into just another shootout, excellent movie.

Exley is an idiot. Keep it in your pants, bozo.

I stop for movies too numerous to list. Unless Lost/Battlestar Galactica/Gray's Anatomy/Smallville/Desperate Housewives/Good Eats/No Reservations/Family Guy/South Park/The Soup is on, I pretty much stop flipping channels.

I'm a sucker for anything entertaining that I've seen before.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Casablanca
    Animal House
    Pulp Fiction
    Blazing Saddles
    American Beauty
    Bull Durham
    Slap Shot
    Lethal Weapon II
    Airplane
    The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

My desert island DVDs: Heathers, Pulp Fiction and Scream.

Also Airplane! (damn you Terrier!), Footloose and, you best fucking believe it, The Legend of Billie Jean.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Well, today, my son and I dropped everything and watched Batman Returns because he had never seen it.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Billie Jean? Was the the flick with Helen Slater as the chick who goes all vigilante after getting assaulted? With Chrstian Slater as her little brother?

Oh, and looooooove Uncle Buck. The one moment in UB, when the dog goes in to lick the neighbor's arse and they use a fisheye lense zoomed on the dog's nose will always make me laugh uncontrollably.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn straight it is. It's truly awesome, in an awful way.

Also stars Keith Gordon, who stars in another drop everything and watch movie: Christine. Love that movie.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Billy Madison

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Billy Madison
    American History X
    Major League

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

One of these is not like the other.

10. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

I'm with many of you on many of the aforementioned selections. But when I'm channel surfing at 1 a.m., getting ready to call it a night, the one movie that will absolutely make me stay up 'til 3 a.m. if need be:
    The Outsiders.
    Great book. Great movie. I can never stop watching it whenever I stumble onto it, and I'm always pissed if it's already halfway over and I had the chance to see it in full.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Remember the Titans. If it's on, I'm done being productive for the next 2-3 hours.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

SHIT!!! How could I forget that?

Could not agree with you more. That's one of those movies that I know will depress me--the sense of doom from the morning of the rumble onward is almost overwhelming--but I can't NOT watch it.

Combined, I've probably read and seen The Outsiders 100 times. I got a pretty beaten copy of the book for a dime at a tag sale when I was like 10 and wore it out. And I remember the unspeakable excitement when I read in my cable guide (!!) that it was coming to HBO in the spring of 1984. Premiered on a Saturday night and I told my dad, who rules the TV with an iron fist, a month in advance I wanted to watch it. I remember getting in trouble with my mom when I said how pissed I would have been if it was on Cinemax instead. "Pissed" was a big no-no when I was 10. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted