1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drop a letter/add a letter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackyJackBN, Dec 25, 2007.

1. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Earlier today I was watching (TV) the President of the Columbia Journalism School introduce a speaker; he inadvertently dropped an "s" and mentioned the program, "Wet Wing". His staid audience got a pretty good laugh out of it. We've seen it before around here, but not in that context.

The best I ever heard was deliberate. The host of a local sports show came up with the topic of adding a letter to song titles and adding the name of a celebrity who would sing it. There was a large gentleman named Wayne Cody--he used to work with Eddie Elias in Akron, and when pro bowling cooled off he moved to the Northwest, maybe some of you knew Wayne, he's the one who first referred to Randy Johnson as "The Big Unit" (in public, at least). Anyway, Wayne had a large overhang at the waistline. The song was, by Wayne Cody, "A Boy Named Suet". I'm still laughing whenever I think of it.

Got any more?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What time is unction Boys on again?

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Nothing like dropping the L in public in a story.

** not that I ever have but I have seen it happen.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Minoring in pubic relations was the best decision I ever made...

Draft saved Draft deleted