1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drones to replace cart girls?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Apr 27, 2016.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Weird.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Just sayin', I visited my brother in South Carolina in 1972. He was a submarine jockey in the Navy, stationed in Charleston. I was 20 and it was the summer between junior college and university. I asked him how old you have to be to drink there. He said you had to be old enough to put your money on the bar. I think the drinking age was 21 but I never got carded, never got denied. Damn near never got sober for two weeks.

4. Maybe so, but the GCs we go to all have mini bottles on the carts, which by the way, are larger than free pour "shots."

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Drinking laws in SC are a lot less uniform now than they were when I was there. There are some cities where some Sunday sales are legal, others where they aren't. Then you run into the public vs. private club distinction; a private club may sell on Sunday, but they have to be really strict about what you're allowed to bring yourself, otherwise their private club privileges can be revoked.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The real question is, did lawmower man cut off one of his toes?

And I want to play in that tournament. Sounds very Catholic.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No. Lawnmower man was not me, and all appendages were attached.

It is a very fun time.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Glad he didn't lose it, right when he got it in the door ... [/rogersterling]

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't know where you're going but the median age for cart girls where I live is 28 and smoking hot.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm not nearly creepy enough to have 20 pictures of cart girls on my phone to share with the class.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hot tongue? I'm intrigued.

Draft saved Draft deleted