1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drone myth debunked -- farmers are safe

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

There have been rumors of the EPA using drones to photograph farms looking for evidence of water pollution. Is it any surprise the rumors turn out to be false.

The only truth to the rumors is that the EPA does use planes to conduct inspections because the cost is lower than sending teams on the ground to do the same work. Farmers are still worried that big guvment is taking photos for its files.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/reining-in-the-rumors-about-epa-drones/2012/06/16/gJQAwWjkhV_story.html

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

A former neighbor of mine chimed in on this meme on his Facebook page. The funny thing is he's against all the survelliance, but guess where he works?

Yep, the Department of Homeland Security.

3. I'm shocked -- shocked! -- to hear that Fox News and GOP congressmen spread the lie without checking it out. :eek:

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's just silly.

Everyone knows the drones are being used to catalogue what guns each American owns so that Obama can confiscate them in his second term.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Farmers are safe for now. Skiers, not so much.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Fuck, missed! Reminds me of the old golf joke that even God can't hit a one iron.

Riptide likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted