1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Droid Incredible?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Jun 8, 2010.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I just got the Incredible on Wednesday. I was hemming and hawing between the Droid X (which my bro-in-law has) or the Incredible. So far, I made the right choice. I feel comfortable with this phone.

The Droid X felt "too big" for me, however my in-law, who's a sucker for new tech toys, loves it to death.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

D-3

Besides use as phone and e-mail / text what are the top 5 or 10 things you will be doing with The Incredible?

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm technoligically, um, special so any phone help would be appreciated.

I have Verizon and Dr. J will not switch our provider.

Basically I need a phone with a speaker phone that has a QWERTY (not virtual) keyboard where I could check my facebook, fantasy football team and e-mail and send a story if life comes to an end. One with a Wi-Fi hotspot would be a huge plus.

I have a Samsung Omnia, which will become a paperweight or a very effective projectile in late October when my contract is up. The only thing I like about it is that is has a great battery life. I don't think I've used a single app since I've bought it, which leads me to believe I'll only use free ones when I get my new phone. Honestly I don't know what apps do. If I could get one that I could balance my bank account, that would be nice.

I'm looking at the LG Ally or a Blackberry. Thoughts?

4. patchs

patchs Active Member

You do know Palm was bought by Hewlett-Packard a few months ago?
    They're not going anywhere.
    Rosie, one advantage the Pre has is that you can use it as mobile hot spot for free. My neighbor and a coworker each have one and use it as their wifi for their laptops.
    Plus, it synchronizes all of your calenders (Outlook, Google, Yahoo) into one with each one a different color.
    Precentral.net is the best place to get info on the Pre.

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

For once in your life, listen to me: get the Pre.
    It has a Facebook app, you can do fantasy with NFL Mobile and the wifi hospot is FREE! Plus the keyboard slides out.
    Ask Harkins, she has one.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I was thinking of the Pre, but the keyboard is much too small for my fingers. That's the main complaint I have with the Omnia -- the virtual keyboard makes it impossible to type. I like the phone but I'm not going through another two years of annoying keyboards.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Get the Droid 2 or the new Samsung Android phone.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When you say the hot spot is free -does it not use up phone minutes?

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

It uses data, not phone minutes. Two different things.
    Two friends got the Pre for the hot spot, they love it.

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

So how does everyone like the Droid X? It looks like a damn good phone minus it being the size of an iPad.

Does it even fit in your pocket? I'm deciding between the X and the Incredible tonight. Thanks!

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's a pretty awesome phone. Great camera and video camera too. Great screen, too. It's pretty big -- fits in a pocket, but not with a lot of room to spare.

I don't know anything about the Incredible so I can't make a comparison, but the X is pretty cool.

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Ah, never mind. There are some very strict restrictions to this deal. The Samsung Fascinate falls under it tho. /meh

Draft saved Draft deleted