1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Droid Incredible?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

I'm receiving mine later this month. I've read a bunch of reviews, but I'm hopeful someone here might have some first-hand know-how.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have the regular Droid, and love it. Don't know what that's worth, but there it is.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Hey, IJAG... have you done any tethering with it?

I'm going from the BlackBerry 8830 World Edition to the Incredible.

4. imjustagirl

I haven't. I'm pretty low tech.

I will make an app suggestion: Layar. It's the greatest thing in history, especially if you travel.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

That's a great idea! I was wondering about any apps that would be recommended, so please, any and all you might think are worthwhile, please let me know.

It would be greatly appreciated.

6. imjustagirl

Other free apps I have: the Hangover soundboard, barcode scanner (lets you see if there's a cheaper place to buy your item, supposedly), a couple blackjack games, Calvin and Hobbes, Droid coupons (you just have to show your phone, and there are some pretty good deals, E! Online, Etsy for Android, Goggles, Magic 8-ball, Paper Toss, TMZ and WootWatch.

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I have the Incredible & love it. Everything IJAG said, plus. Lots of awesome apps out there & the camera (8 MP) is ridiculous. I had some photos taken with the phone developed and they are gorgeous.

I still feel like I'm only using a small percentage of its capabilities.

Other apps I've grabbed are Last.fm, Slacker, Twidroid, Google Sky Map, File Manager (easily manage the files on the memory card), NESoid (RBI Baseball baby!), Bedside (good alarm clock manager, allows the phone to ring, but silences emails & texts), Key Ring (scan all of your silly rewards cards so you can take them off of your keychain or out of your wallet) & Ringdroid (ringtone maker).

8. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

My fiance has it and she is in LOVE with it. Tons of apps and the camera is freakin' awesome. So many neat gadgets. I don't think you'll be disappointed, and she's had no problems with it. Been pretty strong and consistent.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I am strongly considering it, but I don't know about the optical tracking area. I have a Blackberry right now and can't stand how gunked up it gets. I can only imagine the trackpad would get like that too.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

How is the typing ? I've been a qwerty person

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It's QWERTY, but you'll type better if you hold the phone horizontally.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I got the Droid Eris and absolutely love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted