1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drive (TV series on Fox)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Apr 14, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. The Q Man

The Q Man Member

All I know is we're not getting Family Guy tonight, but Drive instead. That's Strike 1 in my book.

3. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I watched it tonight... so far it's a solid show and I will continue to watch. Love the fact that the regular time slot is just before 24.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I watched it, and thought it was promising. Some of the plot holes, though, disturb me.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Just out of curiousity ... such as (what plot holes)? Not saying there aren't any, but it is a show about a top-secret cross-country race in which some people are forced into. :)

My least favorite line: "It's a marathon, not a sprint." Only because I've heard countless coaches say the exact same damn thing thousands of times.

6. ChrisLittmann

ChrisLittmann Member

I gotta say, I've been burned by one too many Fox shows that I invest time in, only to see them disappear. This just felt like another one that we won't hear from in 6-8 episodes. Maybe I should give the pilot a chance, but does anyone know when it will be reairing?

7. lantaur

Well, the next episode airs tonight, so I'd doubt they'll rerun the pilot but you never know. Looks like Fox.com doesn't show videos of its shows. Didn't check dailymotion.com, but might land there.

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I hope this is truly a one-season type of show. i hate when shows are dragged out, like "Lost" and "Prison Break."

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Early in the race, you would have a car pulling up next to another, and it's like they both knew each other was in the race, and it was time to start going apeshit. There would seem to be enough people in the race that they all don't know each other.

10. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Overnight ratings weren't so hot for this show, unfortunately.

11. lantaur

According to this article (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07106/776455-352.stm), the racers won't get to the finish line in this season's 13 episode run ... but will in the next 13 (if it gets renewed, obviously).

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The preview clips focusing on the dizzy woman were probably a promotional misstep, positioning the show as David E. Kelley-quirky. And that wouldn't be promising concept for a cross-country race.

Draft saved Draft deleted