1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drive naked, save gas/increase mileage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Aug 8, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Now we know why the whale is smiling.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, I don't like nuts.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

But why is the whale brown?

4. imjustagirl

Who's David Gra?

5. Do you like tapes or CDs?

6. imjustagirl

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup. Never mind that most vehicles drive worse than a team of stubborn mules if the pressure issues aren't addressed.

8. Grimace

Grimace Guest

I swear:

I've been hearing about this tire pressure stuff, so I checked it when I got gas this morning (for my car). The tires should be at 32, but they were at 26 or 28.

Thank you Obama!

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

If you drove more than a mile before getting gas, those were false high readings too. So your tires were more under-inflated than that.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Or if the weather is exceedingly warm - where that temperature is to determine exactly what it is escapes me. But the heat and running on the tires does increase the pressure reading.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sorry, J_D, but there's a lot of free air out there. There are at least three places between my house and my work where I can get free air. You just gotta know where to go.

Besides that, it's simple math. Your tires at a larger circumference cover more road per revolution than they do at a smaller circumference. Hence saving gas.

The only two drawbacks are a) if you have too-big tires, they'll rub the wheel wells; b) your speedometer will be a few mph slow, which may make a difference when faced with an uppity trooper.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

And I thought I wouldn't need the blue font ...

Draft saved Draft deleted