1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drinks with Birdscribe

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by daveevansedge, Dec 31, 2011.

1. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

If you've never had a belt with Birdscribe, you ought to at some point. I'd only known him through SportsJournalists.com and frequent texts/emails the past few years, as we helped each other out on possible stories. Finally met him last night (at an undisclosed location in an unidentified city, to protect my anonymity!) to drown a drink or two — at an English-themed bar running highlights of the Premier League. Don't get Birdscribe started on Arsenal-Tottenham! I kid, but thanks for the drink, Bird. Cheers, and may Rush get its just due and that hack Jann Werner get stuck with a rusty pitchfork.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I know where he is right now, so if you're there, I might be calling on you in a few months. :)

Birdscribe is a good, good lad.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Birdscribe is whom I would want to be when I grow up.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Haven't had drinks with him but met him briefly on some travels a while back. Would like to get out that way again and do a few drinks.

5. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Can we make this the drunk posting thread for NYE in honor of what a great drinking partner Bird is? Since we are not allowed to have any of those types of threads :)

6. dooley_womack1

I think you've turned about every thread into a drinking thread lately.

7. Sorry Moddy but your post reads like a description of a Craigslist casual encounter

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Yeah, but I haven't posted drunk yet ... just talked about it.

But the night is still young 8)

9. Moderator1

My recommendation would be to start that a bit after 11 my time and perhaps discontinue it a little after 5:30 a.m. my time (I have to work tomorrow and will be up early). My guess is my fellow moderators have more exciting evenings planned and just may not be checking on that sort of thing CONFINED TO THIS ONE THREAD ONLY during those hours.

Before/after that and beyond this? All bets are off.

10. dooley_womack1

Let's not judge how he meets people!

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I KNEW the pods bribe would come in handy!

:-*

12. Moderator1

Still waiting on delivery. Don't make me come out there.

Draft saved Draft deleted