1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drinking Water

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Front to back or back to front?

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

It's OK, BYH. Larry David sits to pee, too.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'll stick with gin.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

At some point, scientists are going to scare even normal, rational people into walking around in a protective bubble.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ozarka water.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well this explains why I was watching the Oxygen Network so much this weekend.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dammit. If I wanted to take estrogen, antibiotics, hormones and all that crap without knowing it, I'd eat a cow.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Same thing is happening in the Potomac.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn you to hell Luggie. I'm going to have the phrase "100% menopausal women's pee" in my head all damn afternoon.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

BRILLIANT!

11. Sorry for the threadjack, but BBAM, Grimace has been all over the board today. He ever answer your challenge?

12. An article about this subject appeared in one of the news magazines about a year ago. I was taking Environmental Econ at the time and it grossed me out. We talked about fish changing sexes from the hormones and the prof joked about sharks being less inclined to eat humans because they were getting their Prozac and not as depressed. Not sure why the AP etc. is just now picking up on this story ... the story our prof showed us was in Newsweek I believe.

Coincidentally, the prof's hubby was an engineer for a local water system. I asked her what they did at her house ... she said they just used a cheap Britta filter on their faucet ... her take was that the trace amounts of these drugs wouldn't affect humans ... and there is no known way to get the drugs out of the water, so we're fucked anyway ... gotta drink water!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted