1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drinking question...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

An ex of mine loved a shot that was half 'buca, have butterscotch schnapps and a drop of Bailey's — a slippery nipple. It's very much a girlie drink!

Best of luck on the flight! Flying buzzed = good flight. Flying hungover = bad flight, in my experience. You may need to do another just before you hop in the cab as a hair of the dog.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I very rarely get hangovers. I think I'll be fine.

I've now done five shots, four in the past hour and a half. Last one (10 minutes ago) was a double. Still not feeling a damn thing.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

You're obviously not trying hard enough.

4. oldhack

oldhack Member

Holy shit! Back in the day, the rule was that you had to make show up. Didn't make any difference what you drank, but you damned well better make it to work on time and be able to function, even if you had to sneak out an hour later for a quick one. (In S.F., there were so many bars nearby that keeping a fifth in your desk was foolish.) Rule 1: No sweet stuff. Beer, red or white wine, bourbon, vodka, gin and, for those with iron stomachs, scotch. Rule 2: If you are going to drink alone, do it gently. I feel for all of you that got caught up in shots. Quick way to get messed up.

5. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

To All:

DO NOT DRINK AND TAKE TYLENOL OR ANY ACETAMINOPHEN!!!

This can kill you, or at least gastric bleeding. Drinking over-works the liver and kidneys, as does Tylenol.

Take Alleve, Aspirin, or my favorite Advil.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Good PSA by Highway.

OK, so I do 7 shots in less than two hours, and feel no effects. Nothing. Got my four hours of sleep in, and now I'm up and at 'em.

:(

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Sorry you never got drunk IJAG. I'm just glad you didn't choke on your own vomit during the night. Have a good flight!

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Honestly, that may be the greatest post to me ever on this board. Not many have ever told me they're glad I didn't choke on my own vomit in my sleep.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

If you end up on the same flight as Liza Minnelli, be sure to let us know!

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What, you ran out of everclear and pineapple juice?

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I had the worst, most God awful hangover of my life after shooting flaming sambucas on a study trip about 10 years ago. If you drink too much of it, it will literally knock the taste out of your mouth for about two days.

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

While I take a quiet pride in my ability to ingest alcohol in large quantities, sambuca would never be my first choice for anything, unless I was looking to commit arson.

Draft saved Draft deleted