1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drinking Games

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mike311gd, Jul 2, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Last year, while bored with a friend and a couple cases of beer, we decided to play a drinking game. However, with only two people, we had no idea what game would entertain us. So I suggested Drinking War.

I had never heard of the game. It probably existed before Feb. 4, 2006, but here are the rules I wrote, based off those from the children's card game, War:

Each player (two to three) receives three shot glasses, which are filled with a beer or mixed drink of choice.

When a player loses a series of hands -- best-of-three, five, seven ... -- he or she drinks a shot.

In the chance of a war, the loser of the battle drinks all three shots.

Play until one player possesses every card or submission.

End of rules.

It's a very basic game, so it's extremely easy to learn. And although it doesn't sound like it could do a lot of damage, think about how quickly individual hands of war go. Then think of how long the entire game lasts. You end up drinking much more frequently than in a game of Power Hour, and you don't forget to drink. It's a lot of fun. I recommend it.

Any other games we should know?
  2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

or just:
  3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Beer can golf, to be played at any local park or parking lot where you can get away with it (yards, generally speaking, are too small for this game.

Start with a 30 pack. Consume one beer each. Stomp on empty can to flatten it. It becomes more of a disc.

Find a garbage can and a large area. Occasional trees or cars are good ... they make the "course" more difficult. At the start of each "hole" the player with honors gets to choose a starting point as close or as far away from the garbage can as possible. The player then sets what par should be, generally between two and four throws.

From there it's played like disc golf, throwing your can ever closer until you sink your "putt." From there, you can do a couple things: drink for every stroke over par, drink for every stroke back of whoever shot the low score or chug a beer before starting the next hole.

I recommend everyone drinks a beer before starting the next hole so you don't have to reach into the can to retrieve your disc, you just stomp out a new one. You'd be amazed how much fun this can be after some drunken softball.
Draft saved Draft deleted