1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drinking at Home on a Saturday Night

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Feb 26, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Re: Drinking at Home on a Thursday Night

Hey, Bud Light is weak, but 18 of them will sure as hell take you down for the count.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

LOL you obviously have never been drinking with me :D

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've had that. I probably would have had like a $40 tab on my birthday but the bartenders on duty at my favorite watering hole decided to comp my drinks that night. Hey, you only turn 35 once! :p

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No drinking tonight for me. But furlough next week so I'll have a lot of time to catch up to you guys.

5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'm not drinking. But I need to. I wish I was.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

That might be me now as I have winded down my tolerence since college where, the night before my graduation, I spent $80 on jack and cokes all night.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Interestingly enough, when I return to Augusta, scheduled for mid to late April, a friend of mine whom I used to drink with til the wee hours has said that the first night I'm back, the tab is on him.

He should know better :D

Quick story: My friend and I would drink one bar closed and then go across the state line to South Carolina and drink until the sun came up at one of the "not so secret" private clubs that are allowed to stay open that late. I remember several times trying to drag him out of there at 7 a.m. when I had to get up for work at 2 or so the next day. Fun times soon not forgotten.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

In my hometown or college town I can get schnokered for $12 bucks plus whatever I buy to eat after at Tbell... the bars I usually go to not so much. It can get rough. Sometimes when I go back home I laugh when I see my tiny bar tab after a full night of boozin.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Oh, my tolerance has gone way up since college. Considering that it took me to graduate college to turn into the drinker I am today.

I once had a bartender in Augusta ask me, and this was at $1.75 draft night, how many beers I could drink. This is after I had been there for three hours and was still not drunk. Mind you my tab at that time was more than $25 with no shots. It's at that time I began to wonder if I indeed had a hollow leg.

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Because I know you're a regular on the wrestling thread, I thought you'd find this interesting. I was reading Ric Flair's biography awhile back and he was talking about his drinking days with Andre the Giant. Flair recalled one night when Andre drank 112 beers. No joke.

11. Re: Drinking at Home on a Thursday Night

Sir, there is nothing wrong with Bud Light ... especially in the new aluminum bottles.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

I can believe it. It's also said that Andre drank like that because he knew he wouldn't live long because of his condition.

You ever read Mic Foley's first book? Lots of funny stories in there.

Draft saved Draft deleted