1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drinking at Home on a Saturday Night

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Well, it's my first day off in 11 days and I only get one, tomorrow, in between another six on. Freelance stuff is keeping me busy at least. Plus I heard some not so great news about a friend of mine in the business today so it's brew time!

Anybody else out there drinking tonight or am I flying solo tonight?

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Re: Drinking at Home on a Thursday Night

I've had a couple. I'm pondering more.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I thought about it, just getting trashed to forget about how I felt as I saw the RMN thread...but I have to weigh in tomorrow. So maybe tomorrow night. :D

4. Re: Drinking at Home on a Thursday Night

I saw who started the thread and thought maybe the Cowboys bought the rights to Michael Vick.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

You wouldn't want to be around me or my bar tab if that ever happens. It was bad enough that I ran up a $75 solo tab the night they signed T.O.

6. imjustagirl

$75? Shit, I can do that on a given night. I think my tab in NYC for the outing was about $150. I bought a couple drinks for others (some goose on the rocks for spnited, I think a drink or two for HC).

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Well, take into consideration that I wasn't living in a big city where drinks cost upwards of $8 apiece or so. I was drinking $2 Budweisers, $2 Jager shots and $4.50 Jager Bombs all night. Sure I bought others a few rounds but most of it was for me.

8. imjustagirl

Fair enough. $2 Budweisers? Worth it.

I think I paid about $80 here a month or so ago when I went out with friends. I had probably 7 beers and a couple martinis (not in that order).

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Is that what geezers are chasing their Metamucil with these days?

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

What you kicking back tonight, Tommy?

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Yeah, where I was that night your tab probably would've bene $22 or so. Cheaper always if you know the bartenders and you tip said bartenders well often.

The highest I get around now is $30 solo, and that's pushing it when the 36 oz. beers are $3 at my local watering hole.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

I'll get slammed for this by the beer snob crowd, but Bud Light (18 pack) and a can of Sparks.

Draft saved Draft deleted