1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drinkin' at Home on a Saturday Night

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Armchair_QB, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Did I mention that I hate N.C. State?

2. joe

joe Active Member

I toast you with a Dead Guy Ale of my own. Hell, I even have my PNW-broken-in hiking boots on.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

mrs. shockey is out. so are the three little shockeys. so i've had japanese food delivered, am drinking my favorite mix of heineken and lemonade, while watching the live springsteen dvd in barcelona -- amped up. life's simple pleasures are good. :D :D :D

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What's up with all of you people getting Saturday nights off?

5. I always have either Saturday or Sunday off.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Fucker. I always get Sunday and then either Monday or Wednesday or Thursday. Good times.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Re: Drinkin\' at Home on a Saturday Night

I worked M-F this week. WOuld have worked today had the gashball team I covered advanced to conference final. Ooops, was that un-PC?

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

some of us have worked an awful lot of saturday nights to reach this point, kiddo. 8) :eek: 8)

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I have my first non-vacation Saturday night off in 7 months next week, so the boy informed me that he would rather hang out with his friends. I think he won't last long. I need far more attention than what he apparently thinks I do.

10. Who knew sc was high-maintenance? :D

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

oh, he's soooo history, chickie.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

meanwhile, Saturday night here at 404 File Not Found involves short ribs (baked lovingly in a mustard-garlic-chili powder sauce for four hours at 300) and Shiraz. The Shiraz is from South Australia; I always preferred New South Wales Shiraz, and now I know why. SA Shiraz is much too strong. But the ribs were fabulous.

Oh, and I hate the fuck out of NC State, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted