1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drinkin' at Home on a Saturday Night

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Armchair_QB, Mar 3, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The short list of sweaters I want:
    Bobby Orr, Bruins.
    Marty Brodeur, Team Canada or Devils.
    Mark Messier, Oilers.
    Dion Phaneuf, Flames.
    Joey Kocur, Rangers.
    Patrick Roy, Habs.
    Any-freaking-one, Winnipeg Jets.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He wore this, and said we were the best fans he ever played for:

[​IMG]

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Why is he wearing a UVa jacket?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

www.rivercitysports.com

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am home... have covered or seen the better part of 72 high school basketball games in last week's regionals and this week's finals.
    Have been home to sleep, shower and have breakfast for 10 of the last 13 days...
    Jack on the rocks... the HDTV and life is good.....

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I know about RCS. I'd need to take a second job as a male whore and a third job as a McDonald's fry cook to afford RCS sweaters.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's a CLEVELAND Cavaliers jacket!! It says Cavaliers Legends.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dude, you need therapy.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The Cavs have legends?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bought some HNIC hats and shirts a few years ago and I still get catalogs...(Or, if I'm Double J, catalogues; if I'm JR, the wish book from Eatons that I use as toilet paper in the out house since we aren't getting indoor plumbing for two years)...
    But I always look at their discount stuff.. .you never know and I did buy a TML hat for 6 bucks US (shipping killed me but I ended up spending what I wanted).

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And yes, I do need therapy.
    But I also cover high school basketball in a state that runs its boys and girls tourney at the same time -- all six classes, NCAA format from sweet 16 in... of the 72 potential games, I honestly have probably seen all of 52 with parts of 10 more...
    Have seen a triple overtime game; have seen the state's potential Mr. Basketball score 8 points one night, 42 the next, 19 in the semifinals...
    Am drinking wine, and in a spnited moment, watching New York (Ric Burns version, volume 6) on the Vizio...

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I bought some stuff with a couple co-workers several months ago. HNIC, Winnipeg Jets and Hockey Canada tees. Had to fight myself to keep from really doing some bank account damage.

Jarome Iginla just beat Roloson with a wrist shot. 4-2.

Draft saved Draft deleted