1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drew Rosenhaus's new Burger King commercial

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I caught it yesterday. I guess the "King" is supposed to represent TO.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Does AP's Tick-Tock T.O. know about this ad?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OK. That is very clever.

My question here is, BK is an NFL sponsor, and NFL sponsors generally jump through hoops to stay on the good side 280 Park Ave. How do you think this will go over at the league?

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Another reason (besides the terrible fries) to avoid BK.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yeah, that's true. But knowing the No Fun League, the commercial will be taken out by the end of this week. DAMN YOU NFL. BRING BACK PLAYMAKERS!

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I'm not sure how I feel about agents becoming more popular than the athletes.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

God, you're not kidding. Those things taste like styrofoam painted yellowish-brown. At one point they were test-marketing "seasoned fries" in Atlanta, which consisted of a seasoning packet you had to shake onto the same awful faux spuds.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Just throwing this out there because I don't know the answer.

Did Rosenhaus give permission for BK to use that news footage, or was it fair use with nifty digital tricks like the other BK on the football field ads?

Since the NFL brass probably thinks Drew is an idiot, do they actually just allow this to keep running because it reminds people what a fool he was/is?

9. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

I'm surprised Drew didn't say that it was his big head, but his aggravated hamstring that is keeping The King out of practice

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I laughed my ass off... That was great...

11. I can't imagine that the spot would run without the approval of Rosenhaus. When you use an image or likeness in a situation like this, you first have to obtain permission. If you don't, imagine the grounds for a lawsuit he would have.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm fairly certain Rosenhaus filmed that... There's no way they could have done it without his permission... Drew's an attention whore and I'm sure he thinks this will only help him get more clients and it probably will...

Draft saved Draft deleted