1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drew Rosenhaus on twitter

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mediaguy, May 19, 2009.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Curious to see what the board thinks of agent Drew Rosenhaus sending out updates on this clients through his page at Twitter.com. (twitter.com/rosenhaussports) ... He's started tweeting several times a day with updates -- Thomas Jones will report to OTAs, Anquan Boldin seeking less than $10m a year, lots of things like that.

Basically, it's another way for him to disseminate information on his clients without even having to take calls from writers. It's much like an athlete breaking news on their own personal website. I've seen a lot of blogs, especially PFT, picking up his tweets for short news items. Peter King's MMQB referenced it today, and I imagine you'll see other agent types using the same platform to get their clients' names out there.

2. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

I think it proves he is a twit.

3. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

[​IMG]

Next question.

4. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

It's a great way to get information, amazing how fast twitter is growing.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Our place utilized it during the scramble to report free-agent signings immediately after the NFL draft last month.

Landed a few that way from other agents. Twitter, as much as it pains me to say it, can definitely be beneficial at times.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Outstanding.

7. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

It's a great resource. For all the haters, it's now the No. 15 site in Alexa's U.S. traffic rankings for all sites. One spot ahead of CNN.com ...

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And it still isn't making money.

9. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Of course. Isn't it free?

Draft saved Draft deleted