1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drew Carey, Come on down!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by patchs, Jul 23, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Marc's too bland, just a traffic cop between commercials.
    They need to at least attempt something different.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

When is his first show?

3. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

That's probably true as well. But I think he would stick around for five years or so. Drew? If I was the producer, I'd be worried he'd be out after one. He's just not a TV host kind of guy.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I love the pick. I still think Bob was the ultimate, but this is as good as CBS could've hoped for.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I disagree, I thought he was great on Whose Line...

6. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

As someone much smarter than me mentioned on a different thread, I'd much prefer to watch reruns.

I suppose this is better than Rosie or Louie Anderson. I was rooting for John O'Hurley.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Until someone hides the Plinko chips. Marc Summers would have a place for them, and if they aren't there when he needs them, he and his OCD will flip the shit out.

8. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Oh, I'll agree on that account. But he was hanging out with a bunch of guys who are his friends and slacking off. This seems more scripted and way more intense than having to jump around with cool-looking, oversized hats.

In any case, I'll certainly be watching, which is the best all can hope for.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He's on Letterman now...

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He's talking about drinking with you now!

11. markvid

markvid Guest

And he's gay for Beckham!

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Best part: "If Michael Vick is playing for the Falcons this fall, I'm not watching any more NFL games"

Draft saved Draft deleted