1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dressing for NFL press box

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Shifty Squid, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Or you could wear one of those leopard-print hats Leslie Visser likes to wear to games.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Wear the same shit you'd wear to a high school game

3. a whitlock throwback always makes an impression.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This will work... especially the hat, and the pussy posse next to you... ;D

[​IMG]

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The rules I try to adhere to in any press box or on press row... (I'm sure I've broken them a few times...)

No shorts.
    No sneakers.
    No jeans.
    No sandals.
    No T-shirts.

I know some great writers who dress like shit and that's their prerogative... Martin Fennelly immediately jumps to mind. If memory serves, a few years ago he was wearing a T-shirt, shorts and Birks at the Super Bowl...

If you're at that level, you can probably do what you want. If you want to be taken seriously, wear slacks and a polo shirt...

6. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I'm someone who pulls off dressed-up a lot better than he does casual. So I like to wear a shirt, tie, dress pants and dress shoes, particularly for games (college, not NFL, but I'd do the same if it were the NFL).

Wondering why ties are always fodder for the pack to poke fun at a fellow writer ... we're professionals, right? Why do we rebel against that when it comes to clothing?

I guess I'm a bit of a nerd and/or really cool when it comes to this stuff. I think old photos of guys like Sinatra, Cary Grant, etc. without a thread out of place are awesome (and not in a gay way!).

Anyway ... I'd go with a tie.

7. joe

joe Active Member

Do you think Mr. Peanut has pieces of peanuts in his turds?

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

"Let's get 'em girls!!!"

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You should see Whitlock in action.

10. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

One more important thing - when you dress up, you'll go up in class at least a level or two when it comes to which ladies are giving you the once over.

Now that may be as far as it goes, but at least you make a strong first impression, at least they give you a chance out of the gate.

11. lono

lono Active Member

Just remember not to show off the tats and pierced nipple(s), tongue, etc. until it's time to make a second impression away from the stadium.

12. Lion_Woods

Lion_Woods Active Member

I'd wear this

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted