1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dress codes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sconnie, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

I'm sure this has come up before, but I don't think I've seen it...

Does your office have a dress code? Mine does, and it sucks. I like to wear shorts every day, even in January when it's snowing. It doesn't bother me. But I'm expected to wear khakis or dress pants every day of the year. And no flip-flops or hats in the office, except on Saturdays...

At my old job, shorts and a polo were just fine. Even flip-flops. However, I did "dress up" when I had to cover a game. But just in the office on the phones? Why not shorts and a T-shirt?
  2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Abortion, parenting and gay marriage notwithstanding, this topic produces the most heated responses. You might be better off looking through the rubble of similar older threads.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

It normally comes up on the Journalism topics only board. There's probably a dozen threads on that topic over there.
  4. jps

jps Active Member

really? I'd never seen anything like this.

(too lazy to make it blue)
  5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Perfect answer. I'd add Johan Santana and Mike Mussina to the list, though.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

Santana and Mussina have a dress code.
  7. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

My office has a strict dress code that I've imposed: We expect all employees to wear clothes.

Just kidding. We don't pay much attention to dress codes, but if you're going out to cover an event or we have an important guest come to the newsroom, I do ask you to dress appropriately.
  8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

To their respective induction speeches?
  9. The Granny

The Granny Guest

They frown upon the top of my g-string when I wear my low-riding jeans. Fuck them! Look at my tramp stamp, bitches!!!
  10. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

I didn't know the Hall of Very Good had induction speeches.
  11. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I'm probably not the first one to say this, but I really think you're a dude...in granny's clothing.
  12. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Well, opinions are like assholes, there's a jackass on every message board. (What?!?)
Draft saved Draft deleted