1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dress Code?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Panhandle PK, Jul 5, 2008.

1. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Snappy.

2. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

I go with the red. Kind of makes you look like the communist Indiana Jones or a satanic version of Tom Landry.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I am convinced Tom Landry is Satan. I say "is" because he is still doing the Lucifer thing somewhere.

4. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Did you work here?
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/56210/

5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I agree with the question about having to wear a tie in the office but not in public. That's crazy. Good to see they dropped that in their newsroom.

Go with the red fedora and don't forget the long pheasant quills on the side.

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

SixToe, do you wear sandals to work?

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Occasionally. Also tennis shoes, dress shoes and boots.

I like a little Jimmy Choo with the pointy toe every now and then, too.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The reason we're doing it is because the local TV affiliates don't focus on the area. I don't know if it will work or not. The whole Internet thing is about throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing if anything sticks. The floor is pretty disgusting by now.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Polo, khaki shorts, nicer flip flops if I'm feeling dressy in the summer. Usually tennis shoes if it's raining. If I'm just at the office, a T-shirt and gym shorts are fine.

10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

When I was on the copy desk, the rule was: Nothing with holes or odd smells. But where I'm at, a flannel shirt with a collar is high-class attire.

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I know we're not supposed to be runway models out there - my physique eliminates me - but I take pride in how I dress. Strong colors, presentable except when I'm pulling an all-nighter. I see some things people wear to events and it blows me away.
    My biggest pet peeve is when people think they're dressing professionally wearing a collared shirt, but don't iron it and then wear it open like Eddie Vedder in the early 90s.
    Jeans should only be worn when the weather calls for it - cold, cold weather.

12. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I wear golf shirts and khaki shorts like they are a fricking uniform.

Draft saved Draft deleted