1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dream Cars

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Mar 20, 2020.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

In the midst of a pandemic, dreaming is okay right?

Look at this stuff:

1966 Mustang GT Convertible - Revology Cars

Man that's fantastic!! I had a white '66, but only the old 289, not this monster. Of course its only $178K!! Like a said, its a dream.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

A Nissan (Datsun) Z-car with a T-top was my dream car in junior high school.

[​IMG]

misterbc likes this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A "Z," yes, but either a first-generation Z that was smaller, more functional, handled better or the 90s-generation machines. Any of the 240- or 280Zs would be better ... probably a 280 because of slightly more displacement, fuel injection and the opportunity to acquire a 5-speed manual without major transmission modifications. The 240 fans loathe the 280's much larger bumper able to absorb many more minor bumps and such ... but after a couple of those incidents, one of which crushed a corner of a Honda that didn't do so much as scratch the Z's bumper, I'll opt for the bumpers and figure out weight savings somewhere else.

If a 90s-generation Z with twin turbos is available without the T-tops - the seals eventually leak and no removable roof panels means a much stronger structure better able to absorb the Z's significant horsepower and torque - that would be a worthwhile pursuit.

Really wouldn't mind a 370Z Nismo. Strongly considered it before finding an ever-so-slightly more practical alternative not too long ago.

Dream car? Tough one. The Nissan GT-R checks every box - practical and otherwise - EXCEPT the paddles. Nissan didn't make this with a third pedal and IMO that's a mistake. Wish Nissan had thought of that given how many GT-R dropped their transmissions right on the pavement trying to launch-start their vehicles at the starting line.

A 370Z Nismo would work ... but Nissan hasn't touched the Z in a decade. Couldn't care less about satellite radio and the interactive dash screen BS ... but some structural improvements, a stronger more dependable suspension system and power upgrade isn't too big an ask after a decade of zero R&D.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It's not a 2003 Dodge Neon, that's for sure.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That almost sounds like a bargain, seriously.

The dream car of my high school years was a Corvette ZR-1. When I drove home from college as a freshman I stopped for a tour at the plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky, which was a near-religious experience.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

upload_2020-3-23_8-18-59.jpeg

1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake

One sold at auction last January for 2.2 million

Honorable Mention:

[​IMG]

2020 Shelby GT500

qtlaw likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Getting a factory tour is so cool. US Steel was a client 30 yrs ago and I got a tour of an old plant that went from the raw materials to the finished steel; I’ll never forget it.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted