1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drank any good beer lately?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Aug 10, 2008.

1. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

That Leinie's looks yummy, Gutter. I doubt it's made it this far east, but I'll have to check, since it's time to stock up for tomorrow's festivities. If not, I'll have to settle for Octoberfest.

2. Negra Modelo. Good, good stuff.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

a co-worker brought over some dead guy ale the other day. i forgot how good rogue beers are because dead guy isn't even in their top 5. dead guy just has a cool label.

4. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

I picked up a six pack of Michelob's "Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale" today at the grocery store. I have yet to stock up on a seasonal brew but I may have to get a couple of cases of this before it disappears in the spring.

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Just got back from a long, difficult weekend. Felt like a beer, looked in the fridge and popped open a Capital Brewing Autumnal Fire. As close to a perfect beer, for my tastes, as you can get. It's called a doppelbock but it's closer to a Double-Oktoberfest were that an actual style. Malty, with a bit of a spicy undertone. Nice alcohol feel but very drinkable, too.

That one tasted so good, I then decided to have a Surly CynicAle. Just fantastic stuff.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Jefferson Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout is pretty awesome.

<------ ftw, but good luck finding it. All the bars that stocked it here have since sold out, and when I went to a Total Wine in town, not only were they sold out, but the manager told me he bought out the last of the other store's supply for himself.

And if you're going to put fruit in Pyramid, skip the middleman:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if i would have had that stuff at my disposal in high school, i would have needed a calculator to figure out how many times i got laid.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It's jarring, though, because it smells like Quaker Peaches 'n Cream oatmeal, but tastes like epic win.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i started buying that beer in the mid-90s. when it first came out, i'd take a short-rack or two to BBQs and the ladies would come out of the woodwork to kill that stuff. i've yet to meet a woman who didn't love the hell out of pyramid AA.

they toned down the apricot taste in the late 90s, though.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Damn, talk about a thread flying under my radar.

11. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

You speak of Sam Adams, no? Killed a few of them yesterday, and I'll agree, not bad ... but next time, I'll stick with this red instead. (Even better on tap, but you'd probably have to come to Buffalo to find it.)

Draft saved Draft deleted