1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dr. Z suffers strokes

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Small Town Guy, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Sorry to hear this. Anyone know how old Z is?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

According to Wiki, 76

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Zimmerman

That seems a little high to me. I was thinking right around 70

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I believe the good doctor is in his seventies. I send him the best and warmest wishes of our tiny household.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Prayers and good thoughts to him and his family.

Horrible news.

An icon in our business.

5. Beachey

Beachey Member

I found it odd when Dr. Z didn't write SI's Power Rankings last week as his comments are always good for a chuckle, now we know why. Get well soon, Doc.

6. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Member

i havent gone through this whole thread to see if someone already mentioned this, but the picture in King's column made me think of it.

The caption in that photo says 1999 but I could swear that is incorrect and it is actually circra 1995 or thereabouts, but one of my all-time favorite things SI ever did was when they put Dr. Z and King in charge of two NFL franchises (I thought it coincided with the Panthers and Jags joining the league, but maybe not) approaching the expansion draft. They had to hire a coach and whatnot and then draft the whole team through the expansion and amateur draft and give in-depth analysis of the process and their decisions.

Really cool piece and really impressive display of Dr. Z's unbelievable football knowledge. he's in a class by himself when it comes to covering the NFL.

7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

The seven-figure range? I find that very hard to believe.

8. sg86

sg86 Member

No offense to Dr. Z by ANY MEANS, but if he's making seven-figures, there are some serious issues over at SI.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

come back soon, paul.

10. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's no way. He lives in what is probably the most modest-looking houses in Mountain Lakes, N.J., and either he or his wife drives a little Honda hatchback.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

WFW

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Pretty sure that's right.

Draft saved Draft deleted