1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DR Peter King

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Add your caption

[​IMG]

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wait. You mean its supposed to be high fiber and good scotch?

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

First, I'd like all the graduates to stand. Face your parents, please, or whoever is here who helped make it possible for you to attend this university.

Swear to god, I just heard the same thing a month ago at my kid's 8th grade graduation.

As someone who invested his first college-fund dollar when his eldest daughter was 1....

Its always about you, Peter, isn't it?

I talk to millions Sunday nights during the fall on NBC. But preparing a commencement speech is far more harrowing than writing for, or talking to, millions of people I can't see.

You mean preparing a speech for an audience of college grads is harder than saying "I just talked to Plaxico Burress on my cell phone after the win" on NBC?

5. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

Man, if I got PK as my college graduation speaker I'd personally be giving the college president an earful. I mean, seriously, I'd rather hear the president speak than some second-rate NFL nob gobbler who thinks he's God's gift to sportswriting.

That said, I think daughter cracks are a bit much. I realize he put her in the public eye and all, but we should be better than that, especially when he give us so much ammo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.