1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DR Peter King

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Our pal PK gave the commencement address at his alma mater - Ohio U. JFK speech at American U it's not:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/06/15/commencement/index.html

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

He's GOT to be in on the joke by now, right?

I mean, POSTING your graduation speech? isn't that the height of egoism?

3. markvid

markvid Guest

For the past 19 years, I've written about the NFL for Sports Illustrated, the largest sports magazine in the world. For the last 11, I've written a column for SI.com, Monday Morning Quarterback, that 2 million people click on, usually when they want to play hooky from work or school. I talk to millions Sunday nights during the fall on NBC.

I'm sorry, but if I'm in the crowd, listening to this as a grad, I start yelling "IN CASE YOU HADN'T NOTICED, THIS IS OUR DAY!"

4. Boom_70

# 2 is a gem in his 10 Things I think for 2008 OU Grads:

2. I think entitlement lasts about a week out in the world. After that, no one cares who you are. They care what you can do.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

He's getting scooped ON HIS OWN SPEECH!!!!

I got to know Brett Favre, the Packers quarterback who just retired...

6. Boom_70

I graduated with a 3.3 grade-point, surviving more than flourishing academically.

Pete "struggled" graduating with honors - wonder what the kids sitting there with the 2.5 's thought.

Obviously PK was impressed by his 3.3 or he would not have mentioned it. Surprised that he did not add his current W-2 income for good measure.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Can you imagine the rough draft of that speech?

8. Boom_70

"I come from humble roots. My father was an iron worker."

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Peter I'm not sure 3,900 kids are interested in hearing about your daughter, yogurt pretzels and how you made it to Pizza Hut in time for the lunch buffet yesterday."

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I never paid much attention to PK.

Read a few of his Monday Morning shticks but quite honestly, thought the venom directed at him from SportsJournalists.com was motivated by pure jealousy.

After reading his latest piece, I've changed my mind: the guy is an attention whore dickhead.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Welcome to the Dark Side.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Your secret decoder ring is in the mail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.