1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dr. Laura says the N word

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Blacks also need to stop teaming up with 3-4 people on every popular hip-hop song.

Sing it yourself B.O.B, dammit, and stop having Bruno Mars carry your ass.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I despise Dr. Laura, but I don't think it's fair or accurate to characterize the way she used the word here as a "racist outburst against blacks." She used it in reference to the fact that black comedians use it, not as an intended slur. The odd thing is if she had just said I hear black comedians saying the "n-word", this wouldn't even have been a story, but because she expressed the exact same thought by using the actual word, her career is now screwed. That's how touchy our PC rules are nowadays.

Bottom line, white people: With that word, you can't EVER use it, period. DOES. NOT. MATTER. the context in which you use it or how you intended it. Doesn't matter if you're just repeating what someone else said. Doesn't matter if your black friends use it around you all the time. Doesn't matter if you hear it on TV and in music every day. It might not make sense, but don't question it, that's just the way it is. If that word rolls off your tongue, someone's gonna be jumping on your ass. Every time.

Amazed at the number of people who still haven't figured that out.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Many of those reside in the South. Embarrassing and disgusting ...

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My favorite, which I have heard several times, is some white dude will use the n-word.

I say, "That's not cool."

They will say, "Oh, I don't mean all black people. There are white niggers, too."

Yeah, right.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

One of our reporter sent in a story with a lede that is so screwed up that I'm not sure what it's trying to say.

I wish I could change it.

Damn that First Amendment!

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry. Can't touch it. That would be Censusship.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Just be glad you're not shackled with a radio show on 200 stations nationwide.

8. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I believe the proper term for those is wiggers.

Ahem. Sorry. I will now return to ignoring Dr. Laura. I honestly didn't realize she was still on the air until this whole thing.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A month ago, Dr. Laura would have ripped herself for whining about this.

The n-word is one of those words that says more about the speaker than whomever they are directing the word at.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, Sarah just likes to hear people say the word.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Apparently Sarah Palin does have something in common with many of sj's leftist posters.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Looks like Dr. Laura found a way to reinstate her constitutional rights to drop N-bombs on people:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1333843/Dr-Laura-Schlessinger-hired-Howard-Stern-station-Sirius-XM.html#ixzz17ec1Fqwf

Draft saved Draft deleted