1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dr. Laura says the N word

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201008120045

I always wondered which talk radio host would be the first to say this.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, SHE didn't really say it, she just feigned outrage that some black people say it (She and her ilk, of course, spend a lot of time venting outrage [real and manufactured] at the antics of non-white people) by quoting it repeatedly and repeatedly. Some people just like to hear themselves saying the word.

But we're not far from the time one of the talk-show screechers takes the plunge in a statement all their own. Once one brave soul breaks through, the rest will follow. You can tell most of 'em are just itching for the chance.

It'll be shocking, but not at all surprising.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think you could get 70 percent of the vote in any presidential election promising to seize every talk show host of whatever ideology and remanding them to Gitmo. More than 80 percent if you promise they'll be tortured.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Shouldn't this thread be titled, "What should I think about Dr. Laura saying the N word?"

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit? She is a shock jock, she is supposed to say shocking stuff.

Christ, it will be a great day in this country when people can say whatever the fuck they want on the radio and television and the whining pussies who fuck everything up with their ultra-sensitive politically correct drivel are told to shut the fuck up.

You don't like what Dr. Laura says, don't listen to her.

Ditto Hannity, Ditto Rush, Ditto any other fucknut who has a radio show.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Let Laura drop the N-bomb.
    Also, let her pay the consequences.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So now we know who the last person listening to Dr. Laura is.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

That's a good point - I didn't realize this asshole was still on the air.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I have to admit that on a drive I've made dozens of times through a certain part of the country that rhymes with Nissouri, her show is literally the only thing on. And it is train-wreck radio listening to her berate these women who call in. Just when you think she can't be more horrifying, well, she takes the next call. I have often driven down I-44 wondering out loud, "Why the fuck would anyone call her?"

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No shit.

She sounds exactly like your shrewish "church lady" aunt who's been divorced three times, for transcendently obvious reasons.

11. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Why would anyone call her?
    Because she is her kids' mom!
    Isn't that enough?

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

And she is HER kids' mom.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted