1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doyle vs. Finebaum. Let's get it on!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JackReacher, Jul 20, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Can't find the thread about Finebaum's original column a couple weeks ago, but here's Doyle's response.

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/11969264

If a mod wants to find the old thread and merge the two, go for it.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

"An idiot speaks nonsense, and the world listens. Shame on the idiot? Nah. That's what idiots do. They speak nonsense."

No reason to read any further. One idiot addressing another idiot

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You should read it all, if for nothing more than comedic value.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I tried to read it. That guy actually gets paid to write? Really?

He's like the kid in school who throws his lunch across the room while screaming just to get people to look at him. What a shitty effort.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

One more reason to love IJAG.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Doyel calls Finebaum and idiot and a cockroach. Can't think of a better example of pot and kettle than that.
    And what is this recent kick of Doyel's to blast fellow media guys. Aren't there enough incompetent coaches and druggie, wife-beating athletes to knock around without blasting a colleague for something he writes?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

First thought was Mack Brown a few years ago, leading 49-0 just before halftime, sends in the field goal unit to make it 52-0.

As for this column, interesting read. Doyle's kind of angry. And by "kind of" I mean goddamn pissed off.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10. imjustagirl

That's the joke.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

No opinion of Finebaum, t-r-u-t-h, Urban Meyer or cockroaches. I just like the photo.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. imjustagirl

Oh, I'm not going to judge the guy on his hair (or lack thereof). I mean, the years catch up with you eventually.

But the lack of writing ability, which includes editing yourself and knowing what you should be writing about? That I'll judge.

And, Greg(g) before you start in, I know I don't write for a big important site like you do. And I was never that good at writing when I did it. I may not even be that good at what I do now.

But you're not either, and at least I know my weaknesses.

Draft saved Draft deleted