1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doyel to participate in "celebrity" boxing match at Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl, Dec 20, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I would completely take Doyle in a Doyle-Glazer fight.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I missed the part where Lewis actually murdered somebody.

3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I enjoy how the promoters have Mr. Doyel's name spelled incorrectly on the website.

4. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Was gonna say the same thing, Fly ... Doyel, tell 'em to spell your effing name the right way.

5. greggdoyel

greggdoyel Member

No clue if there's anything to the Glazer thing. All I know is I was told I was boxing Terry Kirby. Last month I asked them to get Chad Ochocinco, who trains in boxing, and I Twittered a "challenge" to Ochocinco -- I even asked the Bengals' PR people how to set it up -- but anyway, Kirby is the one. Ochocinco ignored me. Hard to blame him.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Doyel vs. Ochocinco? I'd pay a lot to see that.

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

I hope and pray Terry Kirby is in very good shape, that one fist is of lightning and the other's of steel. If the right one don't get Doyel then the left one will.

Lay him out, Mr. Kirby. Lay him out long and hard. Make him drink a tall cup of STFU. No way, no way on God's green earth that Doyel has a chance against Kirby. Assuming that this is a real fight and not "a damn show."

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sock, I think he'll now be looking for a tuneup fight against you.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I expect full and complete coverage of this event for those of us who won't be in town.

Love the celebrity guest thing. I'd love to see someone follow one of these celeb guests who fly in for Super Bowl week and get paid to attend corporate functions/parties/fundraisers etc. etc. I always wondered how much could be made if you were a 10-year player, maybe a couple of pro bowls but no chance for the Hall of Fame. $20k?, $50k minus travel and lodging?

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

If the Super Bowl is Feb. 7, how can events on Jan. 29 be considered "at the Super Bowl."

More like a preliminary to the Pro Bowl, and even more useless.

11. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Whatever. I can ride and I can hide. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Reminds me of a Fonz quote from Happy Days.

"Some people are great lovers. Some people are great fighters. I happen to be both."

:D

Draft saved Draft deleted